Ten years ago I created this blog and soon after, I wrote my first article: The Project Corner! The article was part of a 5 (later 7) part series on how to correctly use Microsoft Project. Fast forward to today, and I’ve got 175+ articles and a thriving YouTube channel with more than 100 videos. Dedicated to Project and Portfolio Management in the Microsoft application landscape.
The blog is currently focused heavily on Generative AI and how it can help the PMO succeed. Where the YouTube channel is divided into two core topics: Project for the web and Power BI visuals for Project/portfolio-related reports.
🔑 Key Milestones
- 2013: Published the first article
- 2018: Launched a YouTube channel
- 2020: Reached 150 articles
- 2022: Reached 100 videos
- 2023: strong focus on AI in combination with the PMO
I’m hoping that the next decade brings some more great milestones!
📘 Lessons from Ten Years blogging and vlogging
- Consistency is Key: Readers expect to see new content and values consistency. And in the YouTube landscape this is persistent even more.
- Community Matters: I’m very happy with all comments, responses, retweets. I’m very happy to share that the Newsletter now has more than 1,500 subscribers.
- Adapt and Evolve: Change is inevitable; The blog started with a heavy focus on MS Project. That turned towards Project Server, Project Online and now AI.
🚀 Looking Forward
The next decade for The Project Corner will surely be exciting! I have big plans with the YouTube channel and the continuation of this blog, but 10 years is a long time… so, who knows where we are in another decade. I’d like to think the following things can be found on TPC:
- More Deep-Dives into Microsoft Power Platform
- Collaborations with Industry Leaders
- Live Q&A sessions
- Maybe a E-book or E-course?
Here’s to the past decade, and here’s to the future. I’m very happy to be here together with you my faithful readers. Together, let’s make the next 10 years even more impactful! Onwards, to your success together with Microsoft’s toolset!