I just have to blog about this! I got a Windows Phone, FINALLY. So straight on I start linking the contacts of my Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and Outlook accounts. Getting a new phone is a great time to start cleaning up your contact list right? Now here’s the deal, there is a minor issue with synching your Google contacts to the windows phone. It has to do with the images on the contacts, and here in this post I will share the solution that I found.
Where it goes wrong: Error 8007000E
I got a Nokia Lumia 520, and I synchronized all my contacts from the Gmail account. Awesome! not a problem at all. But now I had this neat looking Peoples tile that just show’s blue tiles with not a picture in sight. So I looked in my OneDrive folder for some cool pictures, used a cropping tool and made some nice profile pictures of my mom, dad and lovely wife. The day after I noticed that no mails came trough, none of the pictures got synced, and no new contacts got added to my contact list.
Taking a closer look into the E-mail menu in settings I see a issue with the Google account:
Error 8007000E: Your phone doesn’t have enough memory to sync information at the moment.
The issue is misleading because the memory isn’t a problem on the phone.
Where all the current solutions didn’t solve my problem
Here is a great post on the Answers.Microsoft pages. But wait, it isn’t solved with the ” exchange – advanced mail” solution, nor did it get solved after a reboot or pumping up the memory. So far these were the only solutions that I could find. Most people would just copy a solution over and over on multiple forums (just type in 8007000E and you will be amazed at how many people are struggling with this).
What I did to solve the issue
It’s related to the file extension of the profile pictures! The sync doesn’t work when you add a .PNG file to a Google contact. But hold on, just changing the extension of your “MyWeddingProfilePicture.PNG” to ” MyWeddingProfilePicture.JPG” will not do the trick. You need to start from scratch, with a whole new picture.
For me this worked like a charm. I deleted all the recently added pictures, and started of with fresh .JPG pictures. No more Error 8007000E codes on my phone. Now all my 100+ contacts have a nice picture (memory issue indeed…) and the people tile looks very cool.
I hope you liked reading this post. I know, it is completely unrelated to anything I posted about before, but I just had to share this with you. I hope this issue got solved using this solution. Please let me know in the comments if it did not (or if you would like to thank me of course haha).
PS: You probably came to this blog through a Google/Bing search for the answer on the 8007000E error. But maybe you are also a Project Manager working with Microsoft Project or Project Server. If this is the case, maybe you would like to get more acquainted with this blog. Have a look at the about me page for some of my most visited posts on the subject. And again, thank you for reading!